Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School Time!!

My girls both started "School" on Tuesday. Sophia's in pre-school 4 days a week and Natalie (whose not even 3 yet) started a Mother's Day Out Program 2 days a week. They were both so excited to wear their backpacks (Sophia has all the princesses on hers and Natalie has Tinkerbell), they were being quite silly that morning.


Sophia's very outgoing and will talk to anyone and everyone, she makes friends wherever she goes, so I wasn't too worried about her. In fact, she was so excited she woke up at 6:00am and couldn't go back to sleep- she just layed in bed watching until the sun slowly started to peek through the blinds, then it was "mom, mom, the sun's coming up, it's time for school!"


Natalie on the other hand is very shy and will NOT talk to anybody. When we went to meet the teacher the week before, my leg was her best friend. I was prepared for an absolute meltdown (from both of us)...

But she was so excited that morning, and to my suprise, she walked right into the room like a big girl, hung her backpack up, grabbed a toy and went and sat down. When I said I was leaving all I got was "OK", I said have fun "OK". WOW! It makes my heart smile, I am SOOO happy she had fun!! This is what I got when I asked her to smile~




I had to pass back by Sophia's class on the way out the door. She was already settled in and coloring her first picture~


I thought I was going to be an absolute wreck that day, but it went so smoothly, they both had a blast and not a single tear was shed, from any of us! :) It was a good day!

1 comment:

The AASENS said...

Wow- I can't believe how fast they are growing up! I'm so glad that things went so smoothly and I can only imagine what it must have felt like to be in your shoes sending your babies off to school...so bittersweet:)